Would It Be Wrong?
- To tell my parents and my in-laws that that I’d actually like to celebrate ONE Thanksgiving just with my son and husband? NOT have to deal with dishes en mass, traffic (or massive cooking and prepping), family politics and ‘tudes. I wanna pig out on all that great food in my pj’s just ONCE.
- To tell the school principal to take a hike? That her buddy can not get a table at the next school event because we are booked solid and close to breaking fire codes. And why did her buddy wait till the last minute in the first place if attending this function was so imperative?
- To tell a friend of mine that she needs to look at the back of her hair before she goes out? It always looks like she forgot she has hair back there and misses an entire section. (I really looked for a picture of what I’m talking about, but couldn’t find one.)
- To tell my son to BE QUIET sometimes because the babble can makes me nuts?
- On the flip side of that: To pull him out of school for a day because I wanna play hooky and do something really fun with him?
Maybe it’s just an age thing? I’m in my mid 40′s and I just don’t have the patience I used to have. I’m feeling more and more like I want to be a little self serving and tell people exactly what I think.
Oh, and one more thing:
- I’d like to tell my bookkeeper that tight jeans, a toe ring, a very low cut, tight tee-shirt and a muffin top are NOT hot on a 49 year old. People are just looking at ”you” more out of disbelief than anything else.
Tonight’s side note? Mary J Blige sang an AWESOME national anthem at the Yankees game tonight.