The Perfect Man: In Training
Yes, I am helping to mold the perfect man.
- He gives me the sweetest little kiss good night, every night and tells me he loves me. Unprompted
- He can multi-task even when his favorite show is on television. I can talk to him without getting “shushed” even when it’s not during a commercial.
- He does what I ask him, when I ask him.
- He brings home gifts for me and hand makes the most special cards. Sometimes for no reason at all.
- He loves making breakfast and on weekends will bring it down to me on a tray. Who cares if the yolk is broken or the omelette is really just scrambled eggs with stuff in it.
- Before he goes out to do his day, he’ll ask me if his outfit matches.
- When he gets himself a snack, he always asks if he can get me something too.
- He’s kind to others and will always hold the door open for people or help them with chores.
- He’s athletic and active and outgoing and bright.
- He’s sensitive and communicative and open.
And unless the teen years go horribly and hormonally wrong……my little 9 year old son has the potential of becoming a really amazing man. I only hope that some wonderful young woman will fully appreciate him the way I do.
Of course, she should also be okay with picking laundry up off the floor, the fact that he doesn’t do dishes and leaves cups all over the place. Oh, and he is afraid of waitresses dressed in alien costumes, which explains why he was wearing a hat and hiding his face in a restaurant.
I’m not a miracle worker…….