The Other Gender
From the day I began this blog which wasn’t long ago (I have leftovers in my fridge about the same age), I’ve wanted to write about MEN. Typical complaints really. Things that I’m sure every woman complains about at some point. But I just need to get them “out there” and be done with it already.
I don’t want you to get me wrong. I’m not a male basher. I love that there are men in this world!!! They have their uses (insert a laugh here). Seriously, I do love men. There is nothing like a strong set of shoulders and arms wrapped around you. And there is nothing better looking than a fit man in a great navy suit and tie. Or the soapy cologne scent on them, when you get really close. I’m in the midst of my sexual prime…..I need them!! (If anyone knows George Clooney, send him my blog link.)
For awhile there, I thought it was just *my* husband, but I’ve come to realize that I hear some of the same things from my married girlfriends, my single girlfriends and my own mother. At least I am in good company.
What is it about testosterone that breeds these faults flaws defects differences?
- They can’t seem to follow anything through to completion. Example…my husband “does” the laundry, yet it never gets past the folding process. There are folded towels on the sofa in the family room. Matched and unmatched socks on the living room coffee table. Piles of stuff are just everywhere. And he’d live that way too if I finally didn’t break down and put it all away. My jeans still in the basket, a wrinkled mess.
- Everything is about them. A girlfriend of mine was in labor for 15 hours. When her husband called to say she gave birth, I asked how it went. All he could talk about was how exhausted HE was. Did he push out this child or have people poking and proding at him? I’m thinking that’s a…no.
- NO patience. When they want something…they want it now. When YOU want something….it can wait until either:
- They also want it
- You do it yourself
- Their Discovery Channel show is over
- You forget what it was you wanted
- The Stupids. Most men have lived on their own for some part of their lives, yet they forget how to do things and where to get things the second they have a female around. I had to travel for business for a couple of days. I come home and discover that a good omlette pan of mine has bitten the dust. Why? The man forgot to melt butter in it before cooking the omlette. I KNOW he could cook before I met him. He lived off of omlettes when he was single.
- Hygiene. Why must I see him in the same grey tee shirt and navy adidas shorts every single day?? (I think this is why he does the laundry, ’cause he knows if I do it, this outfit will be put out with Tuesday’s trash.) And why do things keep getting worn even when there are holes in very key places? Seriously.
- Multi-tasking. Not an available option with this gender. But multi-channel watching is. This confuses me greatly.
- Compatibility. How come if they leave the house with the kids for more than twenty minutes, you receive at least one phone call or text.?And why is it that someone is going to come back home, either crying or angry?
Okay….it’s out there and off my chest. I’m done with it and moving on!
And…OOPS…..I did do a little bashing there…..